Monday, May 07, 2007
Happy Mothers' Day!
Cos gg Redang this comin Saturday so cant celebrate Mothers' Day on the actual day...Decided to make up for it... I never once cook anything for my mom before...
2 years ago, I bought and chose a complete teapot-cup-milk jar set for mom. On Mothers' Day, I woke up early to make breakfast and black coffee for her... =) That was my first few attempt at making nice black coffee... She was so happy that year...
This year, I took up a greater challenge --- To whip up a few decent dishes for dinner!!! This may be easy for some pple... But for a Peiru who dun even know how to cook rice and only know the basic maggi-eggs-hotdogs-nuggets, this is a real big challeng!!!
Took express cooking klaz at Joyce's place... I realli appreciate Joyce's father patience in explainin to me what to look out for while demonstratin how to cook... =)
He taught me 4 dishes yesterday :
1. Sweet and sour pork aka 'ku-lu-yok'
2. Fried Kailan and black mushrooms
3. Fried prawns with Cereal
4. Chilli crab
Well... I decided that I should not be TOO ambitious hence decided on the first 3 dishes...
Spent half a day buyin the required ingredients as it happened to be a monday when market dun sell meat... Had to go NTUC to find half of the ingredients required... Some stuff are just so hard to locate in a busy NTUC... Sigh... And I actualli got to "Excuse me, do u know which pork to buy to make ku-lu-yok?" to a stranger... Actualli not me lah... I sort of beg my little sis to do it... But the lady veri nice n friendly to walk over and lend us some help... Hee! Ma-lu...
With all the ingredients ready, I chased my maid out of the kitchen... Cos I realli hate it when I'm tryin to cook or bake sth, someone is 'spyin' from behind... I shall not bore anyone with the details... Just show u the products!!! (Actualli I'm very satisfied with my first attempt!!! Hee hee!)
First dish --- Sweet and sour pork
Second dish --- Fried Kailan with mushrooms
Third dish --- Fried prawns with cereal
Tada~! Here's the product from my 3hour-war in-the-kitchen... =)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home